Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Coping Thanks to Psycologists

Is that Why?

Do you like the feel
Of my bones in your hand?
Does my flesh heal
The pain in your head?

I wanted to hold you
Gentle to create the emotion
Of appreciation in what you do.
You wouldn’t let me touch.

Embitterment rose within
Myself. I resented your
Upbringing, but didn’t let
You know I knew it.
I resented my upbringing
But didn’t let myself
Understand why it was so.

You didn’t destroy me.
Who took my bones
From my skin? Who
Took my flesh from around me?

I wanted to be held by you
Gently and to have emotion
Well up inside and feel appreciated.
I wouldn’t let you.

Again I was embittered at
You. You made me screw
Myself. My upbringing didn’t
Do it. My own mind
Created the destruction.
Suicide I have always hated.
That’s why I masticated.

2003

No comments: