Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ode to ...

Stolen from Keats La Belle Dame Marci

1.
O WHAT can ail thee, knight-at-arms,
At this distance there can be no harms.

2.
O what can ail thee, knight-at-arms!
I’ve yet to encounter all your charms.

3.
I see a lily on thy brow
That I’ve not seen for some years now.

4.
I met a lady in the meads
But on you my mind continuously feeds.

5.
I made a garland for her head
As over your material I reread.

6.
I set her on my pacing steed,
Of this action you need not take heed..

7.
She found me roots of relish sweet
And I dreamed of when we finally meet.

8.
She took me to her elfin grot,
But of you I still didn’t doubt.

9.
And there she lullèd me asleep,
While once for you I did weep.

10.
I saw pale kings and princes too,
Though I’d rather had dreamed of only you.

11.
saw their starved lips in the gloam
My starved lips wanted to have you home.

12.
And this is why I sojourn here
When it seems that you will never be near.

Heath Achatz
4.12.04

No comments: