Saturday, February 26, 2005

I was Entertained...


I was entertained by a movie tonight. But I was more pleasently entertained by the dream I had during my maybe 4 probably 3 hours of sleep last night. I had been fasting for a day and worshipinf for about 4 or 5 hours of the day. Over all I could feel the presence of God and He was filling me up. I could smile in him. Well, I slept on the hard floor in a sleeping bag and dreamed.

I dreamed that my brother and I were at an Ani Difranco concert. There were about 40-60 people there. She was wearing a gray tank top. She had some seashell necklace on. Her hair was short, about and inch long , maybe slightly more, and it was in disarray. The place was mostly darkened the stage was lit by bluish and red-ish light and a whitish one on her and her acoustic guitar. It was not plugged it.

It was a concert and she was playing her normal songs, but what was different was that the words were projected on the wall behind her. The audience was singing along (which happens at her concerts anyway). And she was smiling. She sand a new song, I don't remember much but i remember that it had a line in it that said "he hung on a tree for me".

This made me smile. I could tell her audience was uncomfortable and they were not used to hearing this in a positive light spoken from there feminist manifesto, musician fem fatal. She was bowing as it ended and began to strung another song. The words were projected on the screen though I don’t remember her singing them. It was “Holy, holy, holy Are you lord God almighty”. Now I was really smiling. I went off to find here as the crowd dispersed. It was a small place and a rather open atmosphere. No one was around but the crowd another band member, some crew wrapping up cords and playing with the sound (all dressed in black).

I eventually found here and didn’t know what to say to her. I said hi she said hi. We smiled at each other. She seemed to be in a hurry but seemed pleasant. She walked on and I lingered behind. She was taking an escalator down to another floor, which seemed to be an airport. I followed behind getting on the escalator. She must have been moving fast because I quickly stepped down the moving stairs and she was still ahead.

When I reached her, we were in front of a table where someone was signing books there was a line of people. I saw a girl about 12 with long brown hair and an older gentleman who was about bald and wearing a green-ish polo shirt.

She was stopped and I told her I liked her new song and especially the last song that she sang. She told me she had gotten saved and that she was a Christian. Those are the words she used “saved” and “now I’m a Christian”. I smiled. She smiled. I thought who am I to talk to her she’s like a celebrity.

The scene shifted to a room, seemed to be an apartment, not sure why. The walls were painted a rustic red, the ceiling an off-white. A small window with a glare of white and a blue backdrop was behind her. She was still wearing her gray tank top and the necklace, but seemed to have some thing red on as well maybe another necklace or bracelet. There was a green plant with large leaves in a pot on a wooden end table in front of the window. She said “I like Jesus now”. I felt happy. That’s how it ended.

No comments: