Sunday, February 06, 2005

It's Only 12 Now (but I haven't decided to sleep yet)

If we could bury ourselves


I realized today why
pretty girls make graves
that either she or I
could turn and walk away.
and I noticed that fear
became a part of myself
when I listened to hear
what came out of my mouth.

sometimes i wonder if
im only filling up the hole
that i'll crawl into as a stiff.
when i'm in that state where soul
seems more important than body
the state where emotions could kill:
when i wish i couldn't feel
at all. when i hate me.

i don’t think of an expensive coffin
ill just lay in my shoveled dirt
from the times where i put it in
when i was holding my breath or curt
and letting it out (or was i puking)
i don’t want to settle in the earth
i'm trying to fight this ring
that i put around myself.

3.22.04
heath achatz

No comments: