Monday, May 02, 2005

Slaying People

Those in religious circles may know the term "Slain in the spirit". Well I didn't die when this happened to me, so I thought I would look up the meanings of slay in the dictionary. this is what I got:

slay Audio pronunciation of "slain" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sl)
tr.v. slew, (sl) slain, (sln) slay·ing, slays

  1. To kill violently.
  2. past tense and past participle often slayed Slang. To overwhelm, as with laughter or love: Those old jokes still slay me.

It seems that this term is a slang term to represent an overwhelming amount of god’s presence in the human body. Here is my experience:

I was being prayed for by a man I knew had prayed for people and that while he was praying for them they fell over. I knew it was possible. This hadn’t happened to me since 1998 and I can barely remember the instance it was n a dark church with ethereal music and about a crowd of 130 people. This time the man prayed over me in a group of 10 people with florescent lights blasting our eyes. I kept my eyes open the entire prayer and was mostly looking into his eyes, at times looking down at my own body.

He prayed for my and stretched out his hands; one toward my forehead and the other toward my chest. He was praying for an infusion (anointing) of the god of the universe. Just several seconds into the pray I thought that he was touching me and pushing both my chest and head, but after looking up and down I saw there was indeed a gap between us. This was the initial thought that got me thinking that I was about to be “slain”.

Suddenly I felt a rush throughout my body, almost like a small surge of energy, as if all the chemicals in the body were being super charged. He asked another guy to stand behind me.

In my mind I was thinking two things. One was that I was not going to fall over for any man praying for me, and that no one was going to push me over.(I double checked to be certain he wasn’t touching me-he wasn’t). The second thought was that if the god of the universe was going to meet my physical body I was more than willing to have this happen. I resumed looking at the person praying for me.

At this point I felt my legs buckle and start to shake a bit. I thought “oh shit” –not in a bad way. I began to muster the strength in my body to continue to stand, slightly bending my knees in case I had them locked prior; this would increase blood flow.

The person praying for me said accept it; in my mind I was totally accepting god’s presence. Then he said there is; I checked again to be certain he wasn’t touching me; he wasn’t. I fell backward. Body quite straight, not limp at all.

My first reaction was thinking god. I was looking up at others and the florescent lights as he continued to pray for others. I thought that was great god thank you for your presence and what you are going to do; now I’ll get up. But I couldn’t.

My body was not responsive to my minds commands. In about 10 minutes I was able to inch my legs into a bend position as I lay on my back. Another 10 minutes I could lift my arms and turn my head. In another ten I rocked my self up to a squatting position wrapping my arms around my legs to keep me up.

I was happy and energized, but my body seemed to be restarting like a computer, like a slow computer. Eventually I made my way to a standing position and the only physical effect I could feel was that the sore neck I had earlier was nearly 70% better, thought eh prayer had nothing to do with asking for my neck to get better.

My synopsis is that god is real. He is powerful and if he meets a person with his presence there is going to be a change in the physical world.

No comments: