Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Who we are..from Kenyon

But I know it now, and before the world I confess that I am walking in the light. I confess

that God is my Father and I am His child; that I am in His Family. Satan's dominion over

me has been broken, and I have in me now the very Nature and Life of the Son of God. He

gave it to me. I am a partaker of the Divine Nature. I have passed out of death into Life.

I know I am a Son of God, and if I am a Son, then I am an heir and a joint-heir with Jesus

Christ.

If that is true, then I have a standing with the Father just like the Master had, because He

has become my sponsor. He is my Savior and my Lord. I see it now. He has made me His

Righteousness, and I can now stand in the Father's presence just as I did in those first

glad days after I accepted Him. I have a right now to ask Him to come into my body and

make it His home.

I remember He said, "If a man love me, he will keep my word, and the Father and I will

love him, and we will come and make our abode with him." I wonder if that doesn't mean

that He will come and live in me Wouldn't it be wonderful if He would live in my body, so

wherever I went He would be with me; He would be in me.

Then Isa. 41 :10 becomes a reality : "Fear thou not, for I am with thee ; be not dismayed,

for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee : yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the

right hand of my righteousness." This is mine, all mine, and I dare confess it before the

world. Wonderful thing, isn't it? Rom. 8:11 at last is real: "But if the Spirit of him that raised

up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall

make his home in your body."

Yes, quicken your body; heal it if it is sick; make it strong if it is weak, and pour into your

spirit the consciousness of a victor, the sense of an overcomer. Heb. 13:20 then becomes

a living Reality: "Now the God of peace, who brought again from the dead the great

shepherd of the sheep, with the blood of an eternal covenant, even our Lord Jesus, make

you perfect in every good thing to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in

his sight." How vividly real this can become to the heart, and it all comes when one dares

to confess what he is in Christ; and more than that: confess it in the face of everything.

No comments: