Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Unsubstantiated Miracle Part 3 and 4


As I continued to get better...

Part 3

The third item I read was God’s Medicine by Hagin as well. It’s starts with this verse:
My son, attend to my words; Incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; Keep them in the midst of thy heart. For they are life unto those that find them, And health to all their flesh. “(Proverbs 4:20-22) Sometimes we have to unlearn things before we can learn the right things. Our minds have been clouded up and filed up with a lot of things which are not really so. Unless people are going to give you the Word of God on a subject, you can’t listen to what they say. Don’t let HIS words depart from before your eyes. The Bible says it. I believe it. That settles it! We have to get the word of God built into our spirits.  The bible says, “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. “
(Isaiah 53:5) “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, neither shadow that is cast by turning. “
(James 1:17) Christ is the healer. Satan is the oppressor. Jesus healed all who were oppressed by the Devil. “The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.”(John 10:10)

Part 4

Finally I picked up my copy of Bodily Healing and the Atonement by Dr. T. J. McCrossan; I had started this a couple years ago and never made it to the end. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to keep making life in these mortal bodies. Every sickness, disease, and deformity Christ cured while on Earth was the result of Satan’s work; and it is the same today. God is now constantly keeping life in our bodies. All Christians should expect God to heal their bodies today, because Christ died to atone for our sicknesses as well as for our sins. Christ is still preaching the gospel to the poor through his disciples. Christ is still healing the brokenhearted. Christ is still giving sight to the blind. Every miracle Christ performed while here in the flesh was performed by the power of the Spirit. We have the same spirit dwelling in us who raised Christ from the dead. Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the law. All saints should expect God to heal their sickness today, because all sickness is the result of Satan’s work, when he introduced sin into this world, and Christ was manifested to destroy Satan’s works. Jesus came, died on the cross, rose again that He might destroy the works of the devil. He did. Christ died and rose to destroy the power of sickness. The very same faith which saves the soul, heals the body, and this faith is a gift of God. Every sick person does need a physician, and if he or she, for any reason, cannot exercise expectant faith in the promises of Christ, the Great Physician, then all such should send for a doctor. The joy of the Lord will be my strength.

So five days later I have a small tickle in my throat and a bit of a runny nose. Tomorrow I will be fine. It was time I needed to read and study the Word, to find answers to some questions, and to make up my mind not to get some quick anti-biotics when something goes wrong in my body. Of course I have no documentation to confirm any of this, but I did experience it.

No comments: