Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Unsubstantiated Miracle Part 1


Unsubstantiated Miracle
Part 1
On last Tuesday I noticed a bit of a scratch in my throat and thought it maybe was due to the house being a too dry or the woodstove letting off a little smoke. Well, it persisted on Wednesday and Thursday I found it a bit more irritating and I was becoming extremely tired at work. I took an Advil brand ibuprophen at work due to feeling achy. Friday morning I work up with a quite severely sore throat and aches all over my body. I gave work a call and told them “I was calling in”; I must’ve sounded pretty bad because the manager said, “sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well”. I didn’t tell him I wasn’t feeling well, but I wasn’t.
Using WebMD and my past experience I concluded that I did have strep throat, though I didn’t do a culture test. I had a severely red sore throat with all types of white spots and streaks in it. I had some post nasal drip, very achy bones and muscles, I’m sure at night I had fevers, but never did take my temperature. I felt generally weak. The first night I slept close to sixteen hours , and never any less than nine. Really I felt pretty miserable.
So I spent the next 4 days drinking tea with ginger and honey. I made some ginger, honey, xyilotal, lemon candy. I mixed up a apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and cayenne pepper drink once a day. Each day I took garlic, olive leaf, and apple cider vinegar tablets. On Friday and Saturday I also found some Naproxen Sodium that made eating much easier. We kept the house warm as well as keeping two humidifiers on. I’m sure all these measures were greatly appreciated by my body.
But I am also certain that my recovery was due to the fact that when I made a decision to not go to the doctor to be prescribed anti-biotics I picked up a few small books and my note book. I opened my notebook to the last page I had written on and scrawled on the top of the page was the quote “God’s word describes a reality.”
Starting with Kenneth Hagin’s Your Faith in God Will Work I read, By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen hath not been made out of things which appear. (Hebrews 11:3) God had faith that his own words would come to pass. Jesus had faith that his own words would come to pass. I have faith that my own words will come to pass. And Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he saith cometh to pass; he shall have it. (Mark 11:23) Every person born into the family of God has the same redemption. Consequently the same authority. Satan was conquered for me personally, who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love; in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins: (Colossians 1:13-14)
Christ’s redemption is personal. Christ’s redemption is an absolute redemption from the dominion of the devil. Satan does not have dominion over us. Satan has no right to rule us with sin, sickness, or anything else that belongs to him. With each passage and idea from the Kingdom of God I could actually feel my faith growing in me and the infection waning.

“Having despoiled the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it. “(Colossians 2:15) Jesus stripped Satan of his authority over man. “Ye are of God, my little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.” (1 John 4:4) You and I have overcome the devil. In Christ, I conquered Satan, I stripped him of his authority and when Jesus arose from the dead, I arose with him! Phrases and verses like these I repeated until I felt they were getting into me, into my brain, into my soul, connecting with my spirit.

And you did he make alive, when ye were dead through your trespasses and sins, wherein ye once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, of the spirit that now worketh in the sons of disobedience; among whom we also all once lived in the lust of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest: - but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace have ye been saved), and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus:
(Ephesians 2:1-6)

1 John 5:12 says, “ He that has the son has life.” I have the son so I have life. I have God’s ability, because I have God’s nature. I have dwelling in me the same great, mighty, wonderful Spirit that raised Jesus from the Dead. John 4:4 says, Greater is he who is in me that He who is in the world. “Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him. “(2 Corinthians 5:21) I am the righteousness of God. No one has any better standing with God than me. There is no reason I shouldn’t expect great things from God. I’m a new creature in Christ Jesus. I am a child of God. I am an heir of God. I am a joint-heir with Christ. I am the righteousness of God. No one has a better right to the name of Jesus than I do. Jesus declares that whatever I ask in His name, He will give it to me. The healing power of God is working in me. My faith in God works. In Christ I have overcome the Devil. In Christ I can stand in the father’s presence as though I had never committed a sin. With Christ I am joint heir to all of Heaven’s blessings and provisions. No one has a better right to use the name of Jesus than I do. When I exercise my faith in God, according to his word, I receive the results his word promises. My faith in God works.

No comments: