Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Saturday Night's Dream

I remember dreaming the other day. Mostly I remember it because I woke myself up by doing a push up pushing myself from my bed.

I remember that in some part of the dream I was supposed to meet my sister in law and my brother Jim for dinner somewhere. At any rate I found myself on a ship, one made of wood, like an old pirate ship. It was really dark but of course the light came through some windows. There were two people sitting down eating, but they were not Jim or Sara.

At some point a lady ran by holding a small child. I immediately felt strange about this lady and new that she was taking the child. I happened to have a sword at hand. I took it out of its holster (which was made of alluminum foil by the way). I launched it at the woman in hopes of catching her before she fled up the wooden stairs. It spun toward her in at the last moment she turned. The sword struck the child; this resulted in a mass of red blood.

Next I saw a teen age girl to my right as the other lady began slowly walking toward me. The teen age began walking toward me as well. She was extremely pale had short black hair, wore a black dress, black lip stick, and black finger nail polish. Both of the assumed zombie position as they moved slower and extended their hands forward.

The two people eating rose up and assumed the same position. I readied for my sword but only the sheath remained. It had now turned to hard plastic so I took it up to use it to ward off the four approaching zombies. I headed toward the two who just got up from the table. I whacked at the one to my left but the plastic tube had no affect. A few more zombies entered from a door directly in front of me.

I was pushed down from behind. I could see very little but some of the wooden floor and the surrounding darkness. I felt something heavy holding me down as I tried to get up. Then I felt a bit on my ear. Another bite on my shoulder then on the other shoulder. Then bites somewhere on my head. I managed to get my hands under me and tried to get up again. I could not. I tried once more and awoke myself by doing a push up on my bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!!! (minus the baby part)